Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Don't Think I Like Peanut Butter and Honey!

I hope I haven't caused anyone to be up till wee hours of the morning trying to read my last post. Sorry, I didn't realize how long yesterday's entry was till I sat down to proof read it now that I'm not half asleep. I am making my entry short today. As I review the day in my mind one particular moment comes to mind so I will write about it.

It is mid afternoon and my patience is wearing thin with the children, after all I had to get up early to be to the vet (lucky for one of my children the dog is okay), and then had work done on my tooth as well. I am walking through the house picking up things off the floor when I somehow catch a glimpse of a peanut butter jar on an end table downstairs in the living room as I pass the stairs. It takes a minute to register before it dawns on me something is not right. I unload my arms of the items I've already picked up and go to investigate. As I approach the peanut butter jar I realize the children have stashed a bread bag with half a loaf of bread under the table and that there is water all over the top of the table as well. Why can't my children follow rules?

Upstairs to the kitchen I go to grab a cloth. Walking back down stairs my husband passes by me and asks me what's going on. To save the children from an outburst from Daddy I tell him it isn't anything that I can't take care of. (I should let him put them in their places but my patience is already hanging by a thread.) I grab the bread out from under the table and the bag is completely covered in peanut butter. YUCK! I do my best to wipe it off and give up. Next I grab the peanut butter jar and as I move it I see the bottle of honey the jar had been concealing. Instantly I realize that the "water" on the table isn't water. It's also dripping down the sides of the table and there is a dime sized puddle right by my toe. My first thought is I hope my hubby doesn't come in soon because if he loses it I can't handle it emotionally or mentally right now. Oh the things I would love to do them right now, though.

My first wiping doesn't get everything so I grab the peanut butter, honey, and sticky bag of bread to put in the kitchen and rinse my rag out. My second attempt almost gets it and I put my hand on our recliner to help me balance as I'm reaching over it to get to the table. That's when I discover the peanut butter all over the chair because I feel the slime. I would really like to know who is responsible for this. Lucky for them it wipes out of the chair material rather easy so I'm not so angry. Now that the chair is cleaned up I finish the table. What to do for the honey in the carpet?

I get my rag clean again and dab over and over and the spot. It seems to come out so now I don't have to carry out the evil plans going on in my head of how I will make the children work it off if we have to pay for a carpet cleaner. I'm off to make dinner now.

At the top of the stairs, I am greeted by a monster covered in all sorts of colors from water paints who slightly resembles one of the children who had been using them. Shower time. I sigh and wonder if I'm going to be able to get dinner on before tomorrow comes. If I'm lucky!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! That puts a couple pieces of the puzzle together. I found the bag of bread on the cover at dinner last night, and I discovered the honey in the carpet at bedtime. I didn't know they were connected. But let me tell you the rest of the story, hun. I guess you didn't notice the yellow Little Tikes chair on top of the second, larger puddle of honey, because when I found it, it hadn't been cleaned up. I saw the puddle you cleaned, though. The chair was covered in honey, and honey was dripping down the side of the end table, too. It was a sticky situation, but I got out of it and cleaned all those up. Reading your blog about it helps me laugh about it now, but last night I thought fire was going to come out of my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a cover dear? Don't you mean counter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, on the counter. The bread was on the counter. Still waking up….

    ReplyDelete