Monday, June 22, 2009

Already In Trouble.

Here comes another day and already I'm in trouble. When I called my husband this morning to wish him a good morning as I always do I am greeted with "You were up quite late last night. Like 2:00 late!" But he also admitted that it was pretty good so I don't feel so guilty now. One thing he pointed out that I must correct myself on for yesterday's post is that he did remember a bottle for our 3 month old. (Thanks sweetie, you're so awesome.) I also had another comment on Facebook noting the hour at which my blog was posted (and I say this humorously Alison) and I noticed the hour the comment was posted a few minutes after I posted on my blog. I have to admit my first thought is "Hmm, something is fishy here."

By 9:00 am I've already had to lock our poor toy poodle in her cage to keep her safe from our well rested and energetic children. Even as I type, one of them is on top of her cage and is bare from the waist down. Time to dig in the piles of laundry to find some "unders". (Folding is on my list of things to do today as it was all last week too!) I must go supervise another child on their violin as they are attempting to practice without me. Squeak, squeak.

Yikes!! As I descend the stairs I see the same bare bottomed child on my kitchen stove and I have straight on view of things I don't want to see. They have also found the candy bowl. How in the world did they get that? It was supposed to be up on the very top of the kitchen cupboards. I really need to find that child some underwear. On to the sitting room to help with violin practice. Done. Now what for breakfast?

Rats! I walk into the kitchen and realize I have to wash some pans before I can cook anything. (I really wish we had cold cereal around sometimes.) Then my baby starts crying louder and louder in her car seat and I finally surrender. Breakfast is put on hold as I feed her. Back to the kitchen. I hear screaming in the next room where children are supposed be folding laundry and it gets to the blood curdling type screaming so off to investigate. I find one swinging a necklace that has a rather large porcelain pendant on it trying to hit another child. I ask the child to give it to me. The child refuses tell I take a few steps towards them and they relinquish the necklace by throwing it at me. I sigh count to ten in my mind and then put the weapon in time out amid the screams of two children. Bad necklace.

Back to the kitchen. I open the fridge to pull out some eggs and somehow before I even get the eggs the children that were just screaming in the front room are now in front of me pulling the pitcher of koolaid out and asking me for some. Ah ha. Opportunity! I ask them what chores still need to be done (nothing comes for free) and one runs to the dishwasher and starts unloading grabbing out the silver ware tray at a precarious angle. I ask them to be careful... CRASH... too late! Oh well, they clean it up anyway. Meanwhile, the other child runs upstairs to strip their wet sheets off their bed. I love preying on their weakness for sugar.

Since my children are all busy, I hurry and take the opportunity to finally gets some pans washed for breakfast. I also load the dishwasher with dirty dishes as I go along. The child that was upstairs stripping their bed is now at my heels demanding their koolaid. I tell them to wait until I'm ready to pour them some. A fit starts but I head it off by asking if they would like to put the soap in the dishwasher. Of course the child jumps all over that. Phew! That was close.

Finally I'm ready to cook and I hear frantic screams coming from the baby upstairs. Off I run up the stairs and behind me a child starts to whine because I started the dishwasher and they wanted to push the button. I'll deal with that in a moment. I get upstairs and thankfully no one is hurting the baby, she is just angry. I head back down stairs with the baby in my arms just in time to see the child who was whining closing the dishwasher door (they had opened it in my absence) and another child had thrown a foam soccer ball in right as the door was closing. Lucky I saw that otherwise I would have had a nasty mess later.

Once again, I'm back to getting breakfast cooked, or should I say brunch seeing that it is now 11 am. I get some eggs frying in a pan and before I know it there is a child on a chair they had drug over right there in front of me. I love to teach my children how to cook, but it isn't one of those times I'm very open to the idea. Oh well. I will live with it so I don't have another fit on my hands. Still, I absolutely refuse to let this particular child crack the eggs for me. So much for avoiding a fit. We finally compromise on letting the child hand me the eggs and I get to crack them. While the eggs are cooking, one of the children informs me that Ella is sitting at the table waiting for her food, but I can't see Ella because she is a ghost friend. Does this mean were finally graduating from the princess stage? ( I mentally cross my fingers.)

HURRAY! Breakfast is FINALLY cooked and we sit down to eat. Maybe I should have listened to one of my children earlier who was insisting on making peanut butter and honey sandwiches for breakfast instead of trying to cook any breakfast foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment